Thursday, June 14, 2012

Why it's important to get enough sleep..

After the long wait and planning, we thought this trip will not push through! Thank God we were all able to file our leave and had enough moolah to achieve our dream vacay. Oh, and about my blog title? It’s a long story but you’ll know once you read the entire entry :)

My friends and I are actually going to Phuket, Thailand but we were not able to book a direct flight in advance so we opt to buy a flight going to Malaysia (which is cheaper) and then go to Phuket. A good excuse to land in a different country for a short visit, ayt?
 
Arrived at LCCT



Batu caves

Our first stop was in Batu Caves located 13 kilometers north of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is just one of the few tourist spots we experienced on this trip. Unfortunately, we were not able to maximize our 2 days in Malaysia due to lack of sleep and our hotel was near LCCT so it was miles away from the city.

Now this explains why we need enough sleep especially when travelling abroad :) You would not want to miss out on all the things you could do right? After all you are on your most awaited trip and you did not travel miles away just to stay in your hotel bed :(
Oh well, lesson learned :)

Batu Caves



Resorts World Genting

After visiting Batu Caves, we decided to go to Genting Highlands and spend the night there. No, we do not have any reservation on any of the fancy hotels there so what we did was spent the night roaming around the resort.

Skyway to Genting Hinglands

Dinner at Best Friends Restaurant

Early morning trip at Genting Highlands (Freezing cold!)
Genting Hotel
Highlands Hotel

Nando's

Finally tried Nando's! Malaysian’s famous Peri Peri Chicken :) Whenever I travel, I usually do my research way in advance including where to eat! I’m not really adventurous when it comes to food as I get sick easily and I’m also not fond of spicy food so when I ordered my chicken meal I was so shocked (in a good way) to see “Not So Brave” speared on my chicken! So yeah, I’m not so brave in trying different kinds of food. Loser :)

Hot! Hot! Hot!

RJ's chicken and chips with buttered veggies
 
My (very safe) order, chicken with corn and carrot rice.

The Petronas Towers

Menara Petronas, or Menara Berkembar Petronas is the tallest twin buildings ever built. And a KL vacay will not be complete without posing with these famous twins.

Sisters at heart :)


Next stop? Phuket!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and share with me your thoughts :)